MCEmpire

Announcement 5/1/2020

We are back! We do not have as many servers going as we used to however I do plan to expand just not gonna over do it.

Connection info.

MC Server - mcempire.net
TS Server - TBD

Now Hiring - Read to understand better....

Let us know how we are doing. Got ideas? Share them here

Moderator: Moderators

Owner
Owner
Minecraft name: xXSshadowXx

Now Hiring - Read to understand better....

Postby Shadow » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:37 am

This is not a standard hiring topic. So I will begin with this. Do not reply with Anything even similar to "Please let me be MOD blah blah". It will simply be deleted.

Since we opened we have had the mindset of restructuring our ranks a bit. This is just another step of that process albeit a pretty big one. As you know there are only two of us atm considered to be "Admins" on the servers. That being Holste and myself(although technically we have the Owner rank).

I have had the idea for a while of "localizing" the Admin rank a bit. Meaning that we look for Admins who are interested in one particular Server to focus themselves on. They will be considered staff "network wide" however they would be focused on their particular server role which will also be what they are most interested in.

So that is what this topic is for. To find out who may be interested in this responsibility. To answer the first question to come to mind. No you do not currently have to be staff. That is why this is public. Our staff base is purposefully very small atm. This is open to our entire community. However it will also not be a quick "promotion". If your interested we will be talking quite a bit to ensure a number of things.

Below you will find the servers(current or planned) along with a mention of whether or not they are open for a spot. Feel free to reply with interest or with CONSTRUCTIVE input.

• Factions - Open now as Holste doesn't appear to have time.
  • Survival - Assigned
  • Creative - Not open (I have a user in mind for this role)
  • sGames/AcidIsland - Open - I put these together as they are smaller "game" based servers. However with better "Administration" sGames could be improved quite a bit.
  • (in planning) Prison - jdrocks currently has this one.

PS. I do know there are those interested in moderator positions. That will also be addressed soon however we also need the player base to warrant more moderators. This is a move in that direction.
Chris/Admin/Owner
Check out SuperNova a browser based game set in space.

Survival Admin
Survival Admin

Re: Now Hiring - Read to understand better....

Postby bobdan98 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:03 am

I am assuming this is not the point were we actually give reasons and facts and more of the "i'm interested in [This Role] " If i'm wrong then oops.

I am interested in the Administration for the Survival server.

Not really sure what to say apart from that haha.

Thanks,

Dan

Survival Admin
Survival Admin
Minecraft name: LBurdick43

Postby LBurdick43 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:55 pm

I understand that I'm new to the MCEmpire staff, but I figured that I might as well throw it out there that I'd be interested in administering the Survival server, if you consider me fit for the position. (:

~LBurdick43

Builder
Builder
Minecraft name: juanca2002

Postby juanca2002 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Hey

I know i'm not a staff but i'm interested in the sgames server. I have a lot of experience in it and I know about sky block so that means I know about acid island too. Hope I can get the position :)

PS : I can search for awesome sgames maps. I know some good ones

Prison Admin
Prison Admin

Postby jdrocks » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:19 am

Im back from the dead!

If you will have me back I would be interested in running and administrating the prison server! Hopefully I will get back into MC through the process but yeah I would just enjoy running/managing a server again!

Builder
Builder
Minecraft name: juanca2002

Postby juanca2002 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:53 pm

jdrocks wrote:Im back from the dead!

If you will have me back I would be interested in running and administrating the prison server! Hopefully I will get back into MC through the process but yeah I would just enjoy running/managing a server again!

I amen to this :amen:

Postby dragongladiator » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:39 pm

hey, i'm interested in survival. hoping to help peoples.

Owner
Owner

Postby Shadow » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:25 am

Bobdan and LBurdick since you both are interested in the same server I hope I can arrange a conversation with you guys?
Chris/Admin/Owner

Postby dragongladiator » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:41 am

Shadow wrote:Bobdan and LBurdick since you both are interested in the same server I hope I can arrange a conversation with you guys?

so im not even a viable option? k then XD

well if survival is taken, do you need any admins for creative?

Survival Admin
Survival Admin

Postby bobdan98 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:20 am

I am open for a conversation although it will be hard as i have college and such until the end of the week and the time zones could be hard to work with. I am able to stay on until about midnight on week days so if you can make that happen then it's okay :)

-Dan

Survival Admin
Survival Admin

Postby LBurdick43 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:40 pm

I'll be available in the evenings, mainly between eight and midnight eastern time during the week, and possibly later on weekends, let me know when you'd like to talk, and I can always make exceptions =D

Owner
Owner

Postby Shadow » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:43 am

Ok just to update this a bit. I have been stalling mostly because there is no current way to give easy and full access to a server on our current setup. Spacebukkit was one way but it was not 100% perfect and now since we have reopened it has become really outdated so I ditched it.

We had an alternative on the old server as well using ACL's (access control lists) which would allow a user to have direct access of their server's files but only them however on a VPS it seems I can't implement them. Keep in mind back then we were on a Dedicated server which I hope soon we can migrate to again. The only alternative to ACL's(that I have found) is to hand out root access however anyone with even the slightest knowledge of how this works knows that's a huge security risk each time you give that info out and who you give it to.

However it seems the new version of Spacebukkit(SpaceCP) is due out in BETA any day now so this may really alleviate my headache in this matter. This may provide just the alternative I need until we can upgrade to a box I have 100% control over again.

Hope that made at least a little sense and provides an insight as to why I have been dragging my feet on this. I just don't feel it would be fair to place an Admin over a server if they don't have the "full" control they need.
Chris/Admin/Owner

Survival Admin
Survival Admin

Postby bobdan98 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:06 am

Looks like hard work. Doing a good job on it though.

Survival Admin
Survival Admin

Postby LBurdick43 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:20 pm

That sounds complicated; SpaceBukkit seems like a good solution, though. Keep up the great work =D

~LBurdick43

Owner
Owner

Postby Shadow » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:47 am

I think I have devised a different method for this. If it works as I think it will we can move forward without waiting for yet another program to be updated or wait to upgrade to a dedi.

I will need help testing from those most interested in the positions tho. I will be doing a bit of the work later tonight (Sunday night CST) however I got lucky enough to get Monday and Tuesday off work in a row. So I will need you guys to be as active(idle when u need just keep an eye out) as you can on TS so we can fully test this and try to get things going.
Chris/Admin/Owner

Social Media

Return to “Feedback & Suggestions”